**Disclaimer: although these muffins are made without any eggs or dairy, the Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Bread mix may contains traces of eggs and milk so it is not allergen friendly!**
Hi guys! Welcome to my very first recipe on this blog! Today we are making some Pumpkin Orange Muffins with Maple Butter using the Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Bread mix and Trader Joe’s Maple Butter.
This recipe has been adjusted to exclude the eggs, since I am mostly vegan, but the Trader Joe’s box mix does specify that it may contain traces of eggs and milk, so it is not allergen friendly.
In place of eggs in this recipe I will be using vegan cream cheese, and in place of the water I will be using oat milk. I have found that the brand cream cheese and oat milk doesn’t matter for this recipe, as I’ve tried the Goveggie cream cheese, the Daiya cream cheese and the Miyokos cream cheese and they all turned out equally amazing!
I did adjust the baking time from 20 minutes as recommended on the box to 22 minutes for my oven. They are still supposed to be a little teeny bit soft on the inside, as this will help us at the end with creating dents for the Maple Butter to sit in.
For this recipe you will need.
- Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Bread & Muffin Mix
- Vegan Cream Cheese
- Orange Zest
- Vegetable Oil
- Oat Milk
- Trader Joe’s Organic Maple Butter
Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a jumbo muffin tin with jumbo cupcake or muffin liners. I have tried oiling the pan and excluding the liners, but I’ve found that the moisture of the cream cheese makes the muffins stick to the pan.
Begin by combining the vegan cream cheese, oat milk, vegetable oil and orange zest into a large bowl. Whisk until a smooth mixture is formed. I have done it both by hand and with my Kitchen Aid.
Next, add the Pumpkin Bread Mix.
You can use either a spatula or a whisk to stir this into an even batter.
Divide the mixture evenly across muffin liners.
Bake for 22 minutes on 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
Let them cool in the pan for about 15 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
Then, use a tablespoon measurer to make little indentations the tops of the muffins.
Fill each indentation with about 1 tablespoon of Maple Butter.
These muffins are an absolute favorite in our home for the fall season, and with the orange flavors it can easily be transferred into Christmas and the holiday season as well.
- 1 Box Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Bread & Muffin Mix
- 8 oz. vegan cream cheese
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup oat milk
- Zest from one orange
- 6 tbsp Trader Joe’s Organic Maple Butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a jumbo muffin tin with jumbo cupcake or muffin liners (I do not recommend using oil or butter instead).
- In a large bowl, combine vegan cream cheese, vegetable oil, oat milk and orange zest and whisk until a smooth batter is formed.
- Stir in Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Bread & Muffin Mix.
- Divide batter evenly over muffin liners.
- Bake for 22 minutes.
- Let cool in pan for 15 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.
- Using a tablespoon measurer, create indentations in the tops of each muffin. Fill each indentation with about 1 tablespoon of Maple Butter.